Tuesday, September 16, 2008

denim yarn?


ok i ask myself why after my ordeal knitting with a cotton blend why i would move on to a 100% cotton yarn?

why?- for a missed baby shower for my friend michelle.

yarn: rowan denim~ from the ball band: “den-m-nit shrinks by one-fifth in length and fades just like denim jeans.” (a yarn destined to ruin any project.) shrink!! i will suggest hand washing in cold water.

2 skeins sh 229.

pattern: “owl baby vest” by jodi haraldson

i liked the way this yarn knits up…..
although it did turn my fingers blue as are my bamboo needles!


mods:

1. knitting front and back as two separate pieces instead of in the round. i prefer seems as they give the sweater shape. (however i don’t like seeming!)
back: c/o 54 sts; row 6 increase at each end of row.

front: same as above; note owl pattern inverse on every even row.

No comments: