Sunday, October 05, 2008

portugal jenny


sick at home today. not like me to be sick so i am feeling very sorry for myself. (even though it really is only a cold). i did pluck up the energy to finish the last bits of jenny that have been awaiting my attention for some time now...

i have to say i really like it. it is hard for me to believe that this pattern is the same as my ravelympics 2008 sweater only with a few modifications.

details:
rowan ryc cashsoft dk- 6 skeins shade 506
needles: us 3 & 6
size: medium (due to gauge- would knit a small)

note: used one less ball than pattern called for. substituted rowan hand knit cotton with the softer cashsoft dk.

no modifications to the pattern except i left out the contrasting cast on at the bottom of the body and sleeves.

mostly knit in portugal and was on a real roll- very nice to knit and fun pattern but put it aside for my ravelympics 2008 beaded jenny.

the ribbon and buttons were bought in estoril at retrosaria fantasia- along with the other wonderful buttons i found there. such a wonderful retro haberdashery shop!

No comments: