Sunday, September 27, 2009
24 piece crayola color pencil case.
this is a gift for a wonderful little girl i have yet to meet but i know she will grow up to be something extraordinary.
i’ll give you my attempt at a tutorial of what essentially was inspired by a gift from my leigh. it is my treasured knitting needle case.
scraps of fabric.
1 yard ribbon
crayola color pencils
1) cut 1 piece each of contrasting fabric 20 by 10in for the lining and outer piece.
2) from the same fabric as the outer piece cut 1 piece 20 by 7 1/2in. this will be the inner pocket.
3) fold the top of the inner pocket fabric piece one inch downwards towards the wrong side of the fabric. top stitch at the fold.
4) pin the wrong side of the pocket to the right side of the inner lining where bottom pieces meet. turn. working on the wrong side of the inner lining mark ¾ spacings from end to end-starting ½ in from left side and ending 1/2 inch from right side.
following markings stitch from bottom to the pocket top. (twenty four mini pockets)
5) cut 1 yard of ribbon in half. pin ends to right side of the pocket with ribbon facing to the left.
6) place outer piece right sides facing to lining with pocket and ribbon (make sure the ribbon is centered) leaving a 2-inch hole for turning, stitch around the entire rectangle. turn. iron and top stitch around whole piece to finish.
may she draw, may she color and may she create.