Sunday, November 23, 2008

little g's mathching grandpa's 70th b-day scarf


the dog motif is taken from the dougie dog scarf by Lucinda Guy in her book handknits for kids: 25 original designs for boys and girls. i made the adult one for my father’s 70th birthday and so i made this for my nephew to sport around with grandpa. the little man’s is single stranded and grandpa’s is double.


details: pattern: manly scarf by jennie.

1 skein kraemer yarns tatamy tweed dk (same as grandpas)

.2 skein kraemer yarns tatamy tweed dk in electric blue

.01 skein harmony in cream for the embroidery details on the dog- a gift from sarah.

1 button

notes:

decided pocket should have a button. ~thank you leigh for these fun star buttons you gave me!~

knit using a single strand. the end scarf is 6 inches wide rather than 8 inches double stranded on dads. the finished length is 53” in length... some nice young man at the car dealership yesterday tried it on for me for size (perfect!)

oh my. adding the pocket stressed me to some degree. in the end i chose to knit the pocket into the scarf and add the pocket back for a neater front finish.

done :)

No comments: