Tuesday, September 12, 2006

book reviews

first i want to thank my husband for ordering me this wonderful book ‘wool rug hooking’

this summer i took a rug hooking class. i enjoyed it so much. the primitive designs and coloring and textures really appealed to me. if this is what you love about rug hooking then this is the book for you. full of traditional designs and practical advice- i could be where i am with my project without ever having taken a class with the advice from this book. the book has easy to follow step by step instructions for beginners, designs complete with full size patterns and thoughtful advice on designing your own piece. for what it is worth this is where i stand with my project- it has yet to be defined as what it will be when it grows up, if anyone has ideas (besides a drinks coaster) let me know.

No comments: